Closing on a home can be an exciting and stressful process all at the same time. With so many potential speed bumps it’s important we make your closing flow as smooth as possible. At Ticor we believe one of the easiest ways to accomplish this is by educating buyers and sellers as they prepare for the big day. In particular we’d like to highlight some of the simple steps a buyer/seller can take to expedite the process. We call these steps the “Keys to a Successful Closing”.
BUYERS AND SELLERS
- Provide your escrow officer with your phone number & email.
- Confirm with your agent that all contingencies have been satisfied.
- Keep your agent informed of any vacation or travel plans or times you will be unavailable.
- If you plan to have your documents reviewed by an attorney, please notify your escrow officer at least 48 hours prior to signing.
Gather the following and deliver to your Escrow Officer:
- Your forwarding address.
- Any existing payoff information.
- Identify leased equipment.
- Homeowner Association information.
- Utilities (if they are to be paid out of escrow.)
- Any name changes since vesting
- Notify your escrow officer the names of your lender and homeowner insurance companies.
- Verify with your loan officer that all conditions have been met.
BEFORE YOUR SIGNING APPOINTMENT
- Plan to sign at the escrow company one or two business days before the closing date.
- Expect the signing to last approximately one hour if you are the buyer and 30 minutes if you are the seller
- Have two pieces of valid ID (one being photo ID) available at your signing appointment: Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Green Card.
- If funds are required to close, be prepared to bring the monies in the form of a cashier’s check or wire transfer. These funds need to be received by the Escrow office 24 hours in advance of the recording/closing date indicated on your Purchase and Sale Agreement.