We are happy to announce that Chrystal Southwick, Escrow Closer/LPO has made the choice to join the Ticor Title Escrow Team in Spokane. Chrystal will be headquartered in our downtown Spokane location in Rock Pointe III. Chrystal brings twenty-five years of experience and a solid reputation for providing high quality customer service.
My clients would say that I am extremely passionate about my career. I believe the most important thing I can do as an Escrow Officer is listen to the client, understand what they’re trying to accomplish, and help them come to a solution with their clients.
Signing first time home buyers is one of the highlights of my profession. I love taking the time to go over their documents and making sure they understand what they are signing. I take special care in helping clients solve problems and talk through issues that may arise.
Having empathy for our clients is invaluable as an escrow professional. I take the time to put myself in the seller or buyer’s shoes and remember what it is like to have hopes of moving into a new home on a Friday afternoon with the moving truck loaded, 2 kids, 3 dogs and a cat and all you want to do is sleep in your own bed in your new home…I get that. That’s why I do everything possible to exceed timelines and expectations of our clients.
On the weekends I enjoy time with my family or hiking/walking with one of my dogs. I also enjoy red wine and dark chocolate.
Please join us in welcoming Chrystal to the Ticor Title Family in Spokane!
Ticor Title is pleased to announce that Cathy Wahl has made the choice to join Ticor Title Spokane as Sales Manager. Cathy brings nineteen years of experience in Customer Service, Sales, and Management. Cathy’s focus is to work with the Sales Team to continue the company’s growth initiative throughout Spokane County.
I love building relationships, both internally and externally. Some of my very best friends have come out of this industry. I also really love talking with buyers and sellers when they come into the office. Everyone has a story and I enjoy hearing it.
The past two years of my career in the title industry have brought me tremendous personal and professional growth and I am excited to now take on elevated challenges and the opportunity to lead the sales team at Ticor.
Clients would describe me as being very well rounded, a careful listener, and a valuable resource. I recognize and respect that the information and solutions that we provide our clients and partners may ultimately reflect on them and their work. With that being said, I believe in taking the time to find the optimal solution for each challenge, even if outside resources are required.
I am passionate about being a mother to my son. There isn’t a day that goes by that I am not thankful for the opportunity to be his mother. I may have more professional photos of him than Kate Middleton has of Henry and Charlotte. I have a note in my kitchen that says “You are the reward for everything I have done right in my life”. So true.
That being said, I also enjoy adult time wine tasting, golf, dinner parties with good friends and playing at the lake.
Cathy has also been involved with Women and Children’s Free Restaurant and has served as past WCR Member of the Year, SAR Affiliate of the Year, and WCR Affiliate of the Year.
Title Insurance Value Proposition: Why Title Insurance is Important and Worth the Money
Title Insurance provides a unique array of value and benefits to our customers. Below are 10 ways that it can provide protection and peace of mind.
- Title insurance protects the interests of property owners and lenders against legitimate or false title claims by owners or lien holders. It insures the title to the investment, unlocking its potential as a financial asset for the owner.
- At Ticor we access, assemble, analyze, and distribute title information, in addition to handling escrow and closing.
- Title problems are discovered in more than one-third of residential real estate transactions. These “defects” must be resolved prior to closing. The most common problems are existing liens, unpaid mortgages, and recording errors of names, addresses or legal descriptions.
- A homeowner’s title insurance policy protects the owner for as long as he or she has an interest in the property; and the premium is paid only once, at closing.
- Title insurance is different from other forms of insurance because it insures against events that occurred before the policy is issued, as opposed to insuring against events in the future, as auto, health, property or life insurance do. Title insurance is loss prevention insurance.
- Ticor performs a thorough search of existing records to identify all possible defects in order to resolve them prior to issuing a policy. We perform intensive and extensive work up-front to minimize claims. The better we do this, the lower our rate of claims and the more secure your level of protection.
- Researching titles is extremely labor-intensive since only a small percentage of public records are computerized. The industry invests a substantial amount of time and expense to collect and evaluate title records. As a result, the industry’s claims experience is low compared to other lines of insurance.
- Ticor’s impressive Claim Reserves gives you unquestionable security and peace of mind knowing that your policy is backed by a leader in the title insurance industry.
- Dollar for dollar, title insurance is the best investment you can make to protect your interest in one of the most valuable assets you own: your home.
- To get the best value, choose Ticor Title for all your Title and Escrow needs. Write us in on your next transaction and you’ll see why we are Worth the Money.
Print, Share, Download Tips for Buyers & Sellers
This helpful information and more can be found in our Buyer Seller Guide to Title & Escrow eBook. Check it out!
Buyer Seller Guide to Title & Escrow